Touhou: Kazami Shintaro's [Ensemble of Gensokyou] series.

Go down

Touhou: Kazami Shintaro's [Ensemble of Gensokyou] series.

Post  Kazami Shintaro on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Welcome to the topic! This is my freshly made stash of music talks room! Please do share your thoughts and knowledge on music making!

cheers FLStudio users, no matter pro or newbie, the welcome is all yours! cheers

Some reminders.
scratch 1.No hatespam. I understand I do suck at arranging, but thats not reason to put a whole lot of judgement onto me.
study 2.Please share something intelligent. A mere
"This no good","You should do this..but I dunno how it was..","bla x3999 but I dunno, I don't make music so I dunno"
^ These isn't very helpful. Plus its annoying.
Try posting your OWN works and see who's better or you're just all talk. Very Happy
afro 3.Show off your works too! There is no plagiary in music! Share and improvise.

Last edited by Kazami Shintaro on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kazami Shintaro

View user profile http://cfoinforce.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Touhou: Kazami Shintaro's [Ensemble of Gensokyou] series.

Post  Kazami Shintaro on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:07 pm

One of [Enesmble of Gensokyou - Signum Septium]'s track.

I'd say this is one detailed arrange I made. Took me a nice damn while. The response are overall good. Have a look. Razz
Kazami Shintaro

Back to top Go down

Post  exalt on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Thank you for making this arrangement. Not a particularly big fan of the synth sound but it's really good.

exalt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carillus on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:51 pm

The overall arrange seems a bit overly concentrated on the treble side... Are you using a subwoofer while composing? The balance between the bass and the main synth melody is skewed a bit high for my liking </personalpreference>.

But I like the dissonant effect the sporadic bass gives. Quite eerie, like how I always imagine the Former Hell to be. Smile

For something completely different: Do you have any tutorials on FL Studio to share? I got the demo recently, and I'm still trying to figure out how it works. I'm not much of a producer myself but I always like to learn new things.
Carillus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazami Shintaro on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:40 am

exalt wrote:Thank you for making this arrangement. Not a particularly big fan of the synth sound but it's really good.

Thanks yo! Do please, share some of your suggestions on improvements~~! Twisted Evil

Carillus wrote:The overall arrange seems a bit overly concentrated on the treble side... Are you using a subwoofer while composing? The balance between the bass and the main synth melody is skewed a bit high for my liking </personalpreference>.

But I like the dissonant effect the sporadic bass gives. Quite eerie, like how I always imagine the Former Hell to be. Smile

For something completely different: Do you have any tutorials on FL Studio to share? I got the demo recently, and I'm still trying to figure out how it works. I'm not much of a producer myself but I always like to learn new things.

Thanks for ze insights! >w<
Ah, about the T<>B balance is awful is that I was using my old mastering system and cocolooloo headphones. (bought for 25bucks for replacing my Sony ones temporarily) Which are horrible in the stereo of both of the treble and bass, also I'm bad at mastering the channels at this time still.
I do agree with you that the treble sounds kinda tippy, and sometimes it goes over the limiter...yeowch!
I have the original one, a more bass'd version before this one.

This is the other version.

modern-war-goddes-1

You'd got yourself an FLS? Grats grats! cyclops But unfortunately, I dont have video tutorials from myself, as I have a hard time surfing/uploading Youtube. But I surely can help via practical theories and written guides What a Face
Kazami Shintaro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down