Touhou Shmups (2 - 13)

Go down

Touhou Shmups (2 - 13)

Post  Zetzumarshen on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:07 pm

So, anyone here plays the STGs? Like, UFO, SA, PCB, and the others? Very Happy

The series is a quite popular one for shmups, both in Japan, East Asia, or Western communities. Thus it has a competitive scoring environment, and plenty of resources to learn from, like :

http://www.replays.gensokyo.org/index.php (more than ten thousand replay are uploaded here!)
http://www.score.royalflare.net (Japanese scoreboards, best of the best players hang out there.)
http://http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki (the wiki. Knowing the gameplay mechanics is one of the key to clear these games)

So yeah, discussion is encouraged, and posting achievement (like a one credit clear, or even a clear) is very much appreciated. Very Happy
Zetzumarshen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Touhou Shmups (2 - 13)

Post  SeviaVeiratt on Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:51 pm

Pangya Yay OTL
I know you
godtier stg pro |l!OTL

Anyway I think STK / VaiZAN also play competitive STG.
brb summoning.

View user profile http://hisoutensea.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bernkastel on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:05 pm

My best afford was clearing spoiler stage of 12.5.... hey what? That's not even a STG =.=''
So the best thing i could do with STGs is 1CC EoSD PCB, IN, 12.8, that's all, still trying harder Sad
Bernkastel

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/vergiliscoming

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetzumarshen on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:57 am

And I know you too SeviaVeiratt, a fightan games pro'. Smile

Bernkastel wrote:My best afford was clearing spoiler stage of 12.5.... hey what? That's not even a STG =.=''
Let's pretend it is. Razz
Zetzumarshen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  VaiZAN on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:32 am

Competitive. I love you <3
Peoples often brand competitive STG players as "elitists". Silly, we're just competitive, we don't even go around telling peoples they suck or going "we're better than you and you're a lowly player compared to us".

============================

I am better at STGs than at Hisoutensoku, ironically ._."

Achievements, I dunno if it can be called an achievement. I've cleared everything in a Lunatic 1cc fashion(as for extra or phantasm, there's no continue in the first place so calling it a "1cc extra finish" is... ambiguous.) for most of the games(not counting Double Spoiler and the like, I haven't really played those because... just because). I'm terrible at SA, followed closely by UFO. I still have problems 1cc-ing those two games, SA because I am terrible against Parsee and UFO because I died a lot on Ichirin. Which is funny, because I don't have problems going against all the other bosses.

Also, I'm terrible at score-runs, my scores are usually pretty low. Example, wherein others can finish Extra IN using Solo-Yukari with 2 billion score, I only get 1,4 million even though I cleared all the spell cards. I'm just that bad at netting big scores and I doesn't are about getting big score anyway. I'm just the type that try to capture all spell cards and clear the game as cool and efficient(as in survival) as possible.
VaiZAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetzumarshen on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Peoples often brand competitive STG players as "elitists". Silly, we're just competitive, we don't even go around telling peoples they suck or going "we're better than you and you're a lowly player compared to us".
Strange, where do you get that? I agree almost all the players I've met is a down to earth person (except me, I'm just a huge jerk ._.)

SA because I am terrible against Parsee
Aren't Parsee not quite as hard as... say, Orin, or Satori? You may want to try fighting her again. Hopefully you'll change your opinion of her (unless you're playing the Ultra hack). Ichirin though, I hate her. And she has this safespot that everyone use, forcing me to exploit it too, and die horrible deaths from it. And King's Kraken Fist is too hard for me.

Also, what's your handle at the uploader, VaiZAN?
Zetzumarshen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  VaiZAN on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Zetzumarshen wrote:
Strange, where do you get that? I agree almost all the players I've met is a down to earth person (except me, I'm just a huge jerk ._.)

I mostly get that when I posted my videos or replays on forums that are not Touhou-centric(but they still have Touhou subforum). I dunno, I was just posting stuffs without breaking any rule and I even asked for input and critics. However, what I get is something along the line of "You're an elitist". I don't care I guess. If they wanna go around branding peoples as elitists then go ahead.

Aren't Parsee not quite as hard as... say, Orin, or Satori? You may want to try fighting her again. Hopefully you'll change your opinion of her (unless you're playing the Ultra hack). Ichirin though, I hate her. And she has this safespot that everyone use, forcing me to exploit it too, and die horrible deaths from it. And King's Kraken Fist is too hard for me.

Also, what's your handle at the uploader, VaiZAN?

I get that a lot. I am just bad against her for reason I myself could not comprehend. I've tried again and again and again and I still got hit somehow. Ichirin is just... Blargh, those little residual bullets. The fists themselves are easier to evade but the small bullets are an annoyance.

Essefantasia. Though I don't upload a lot of stuffs. Maybe I should start uploading though I'm not too keen about it because I feel it's not good enough to be posted.
VaiZAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetzumarshen on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Last edited by Zetzumarshen on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zetzumarshen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  VaiZAN on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Yes, that's the one.
VaiZAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetzumarshen on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:24 am

Now that you've been found out cheating VaiZAN, what actual level you're on? Maybe Normal clears?
Zetzumarshen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  VaiZAN on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:35 am

Kyaaa, I've been found out ♥
At best, Hard non-1cc clears in some of the games, detective.
VaiZAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai-san on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:27 pm

I play STGs 6-12. Just got 13, but still figuring out what's keeping it from running properly.

My usual skill level is 1cc Normal (I'm a tad out of practice though), but I haven't quite achieved that for 11 or 12. SA just has a hell load of gimmicks I haven't grasped yet, UFO has Shou.

Last edited by Kai-san on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Kai-san

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  klempfner on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:04 pm

i guess i play them a fair bit... not so much lately, though i did play shinreibyou haha.
klempfner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai-san on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:05 am

Recently tried clearing UFO again. It's not really Shou who gets the most kills... it's carelessness as I try to chase down the red UFOs. Man, I'm out of practice.

Edit: Awesome, I got Ten Desires to work. It's at 50 fps, but I'll eventually find a way to bring it up to full speed. Meanwhile, those spirits seem to encourage bombing or daring maneuvers just to get them before they disappear, not to mention the game being stingy with extra lives.
Kai-san

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum